The tragedy you and I face everyday is knowing,
what’s there to living, and the true meaning to seeing,
yourself in the embrace of the gift of waking up to,
face hopes and disappointments, surprises, bows and arrows
that life offers us everyday, to use and rise,
or to use and fall… either way, it’s life.
James A Baldwin left the following inspirational messages for you to USE and RISE in Life.
- I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.
- The future is like heaven, everyone exalts it, but no one wants to go there now
- The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose.
- Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
- Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.
- Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable.
- No one can possibly know what is about to happen: it is happening, each time, for the first time, for the only time.
- eople pay for what they do, and still more for what they have allowed themselves to become. And they pay for it very simply; by the lives they lead.
- Be careful what you set your heart upon – for it will surely be yours.
- People who treat other people as less than human must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.
- Anyone who has ever struggled with poverty knows how extremely expensive it is to be poor.
- Those who say it can’t be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.
- Pessimists are the people who have no hope for themselves or for others. Pessimists are also people who think the human race is beneath their notice, that they’re better than other human beings.
- People can cry much easier than they can change.
- There are few things more dreadful than dealing with a man who knows he is going under, in his own eyes, and in the eyes of others. Nothing can help that man. What is left of that man flees from what is left of human attention.